Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Coming Kingdom

Here is a video of N. T. Wright singing an old Bob Dylan song. While I am not sure that Bob Dylan would agree with his interpretation of this song it is still interesting. N. T. Wright is one of the world's greatest New Testament scholars. I understand that Dylan wrote this song after being treated unfairly by a hotel staff while on tour before he became famous.

What I know for sure is I can't wait for the "ship to come in" in regards to the coming Kingdom of God.

We all know what it is like to be treated wrong. All of us can tell stories of those we trusted that betrayed us or of strangers that treated us sub-human. However, we know there is coming a day when all this will end and God will set all things to right.

I think of all the joys of heaven and perhaps one of the greatest is there will be no sin. I can't wait to live in a world where there is no more hatred, bigotry, slander, gossip, or hypocrisy. To live in a world where I never know who I can trust nor who is being genuine with their public persona. I am a very flawed man and long to be more like Jesus who knew no sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment