Monday, February 18, 2013

Things I have learned so far today and two days texts

I had the grand idea of making coffee for my class this morning. I got cups, freshly ground coffee, four kinds of creamer, a coffee maker, and a large coffee pot for good measure. Where I messed up was by not bringing the lid to the coffee pot. Turns out it will not brew right without it. The filter fills with coffee and does not drip out. Makes a mess and the coffee is not so good. 

It is amazing how something so small as the top of the coffee lid is so important for the operation of the machine. The same could be said for the church. All it takes is one person not there or not doing their job and we have noticeable problems. 

For instance if someone does not show up in the nursery it is noticed and someone has to fill in at the last moment. If a teacher does not make it, the class is in a frenzy. If the man running the soundboard is not there it causes issues. If one of the musicians isn't there it is noticeable. If the doors are not unlocked or the heat is not turned on we have an issue. If the security team is not in place there is a need not met. I could go on and on, but the point is God has called us to work together as a team and when we do it is great. When we don't or someone is missing it is not fun. 

I thank God for those that do all the jobs that most don't notice (communion prep, getting the bulletin together, the counters on Monday morning, the ladies that volunteer in the office, the men that help keep the building in working order, those praying for us as we worship up in the prayer room, those taking communion to the shut-ins and those doing the service that nursing home). Without these people I could not do what I do with effectiveness. 

Well, when it was all said and done I did get the class coffee and I think they liked it. No one fell asleep which is a plus. 

Yesterday's and today's texts are:
February 17, 2013            Leviticus  11–12, Matthew 27:45–66, Psalm 24:5–10, Proverbs 5:1–2
February 18, 2013            Leviticus  13, Matthew 28, Psalm 25:1–6, Proverbs 5:3–4


No comments:

Post a Comment