Sunday, April 14, 2013

A few thoughts and texts for April 14-15


This morning we looked at lions in the Bible. Perhaps, Daniel in the lions’ den is the most widely known story about lions in the Bible. The thing that stands out to me most about the story is the integrity of Daniel. When investigated noting could be found to bring against him. I wonder if the said could be said of our lives?
I pray that when the lions of the world are attacking we are able to trust in the Lord not to rescue us, but to stay with us and protect us.
I also pray that when others look at our lives they see the integrity of Daniel in our lives.

In just a few minutes I am teaching about the conversion of Paul in Act 9. I am struck by how God used so many people to bring him not only to Him, but to encourage Paul along the way. I wonder how many of us would be willing to be the Stephen, Ananias, or Barnabas for Paul?

Tomorrow I am teaching about practicing the presence of God. I pray that I can demonstrate the joy of living in the presence of God at all moments of life, not just during our “quiet time” with Him.  
C. S. Lewis said, “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.”
My goal is to be in constant communion with God, even when I sleep.
Where do your thoughts go when they are not focused on work or diverted by amusement?
What do these thoughts reveal about your concerns and priorities?

In the second class we will be discussing weddings. Weddings can be such a wonderful experience or they can be very stressful. Pray with me that God works in spite of me tonight, tomorrow, and every day to encourage, teach, and simply make disciples of Christ. There are times I feel so weak, but I know where I am weak He is strong.

One of the texts below is Proverbs 10:4-5:
    He who has a slack hand becomes poor,
          But the hand of the diligent makes rich.
    He who gathers in summer is a wise son;
          He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.

I know I have prepared well to do what God is calling me to do, but there never seems to be enough time or energy. Pray for me as I pray for you.

April 14, 2013            Judg 3–4, Luke 10:38–11:14, Ps 46:5–11, Prov 10:3–4
April 15, 2013            Judg 5–6, Luke 11:15–36, Ps 47, Prov 10:5–6

No comments:

Post a Comment