Friday, January 25, 2013

The Honor To Pray For Others

Today I am praying specifically for three of my students at MACU. Each gave me some specific things to pray about for them. One of the realities of life is when we care about people we want to help them. The help that so many need is beyond my capabilities. However, we serve a God is is all-powerful and can do much more than we can ask or imagine. Thus, it could be argued that the most loving thing we could possibly do from someone is pray for them. I can't heal broken relationships, but God can. All I can do is seek to be a minister of reconciliation. I can't heal lungs or cancer, but God can. I can't mend broken hearts, but God can. I can't control the weather, but God can. My point is I serve a God that answers my prayers. 

I have seen the power of prayer in my life on numerous occasions. I can think of times when God has opened doors to talk to someone about their salvation. As an introvert that struggles to do such things, believe me it is answered prayer. There have been times that doctors said there is little to no hope, but healing took place. I have many stories I could tell regarding healing, weather, attitudes, and such that I can only give God the credit for. So today I pray with the expectation that God is going to answer my prayers as long as I pray in His will. 

It is an honor to pray for these students. While I do not feel comfortable saying their names or requests, I do ask that you pray for them. Pray that God would guide their paths and that they would intentionally enjoy the journey along the way. Pray for their marriages and their ability to juggle all that life puts before them. Pray that they can feel the Presence of the Lord at all times, for it leads to a peace like none other. Pray that they can thirst for righteousness and hunger for God's Word. Pray that God will prepare them to do great things in His Kingdom and that they would position themselves to be all they are called to be. 

What an honor it is to pray for them today, please join me. If I can pray for you let me know.

Question: Tell me of a time in which you know God answered your prayer, please. I want to share great prayer stories with one of my classes in a couple of weeks. Thank you in advanced and I look forward to hearing your stories of God's greatness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment